Sunday, October 16, 2016

The Oasis of Peace (part three)



I could add several pages of accomplishments to this list, including several Nobel Prize nominations for peace. I encourage you to look at some of the following links to learn more about the people of the Oasis of Peace; I know I will pay more attention to them and their work as a model for all the world.

I decided to add extra color because the "rainbow arch" was the first thing that caught my eye went I was looking for stories. It seems like a small piece of the big picture, but as a kid I would have loved having this in my neighborhood, and as you'll learn if you read more, it's the children that will build the future of this community.

A small but interesting note is that the name of the village IS "Oasis of Peace". Sometimes it is referred to as Nev Shalom Wahat Al-Salam, and sometimes the order is reversed (Wahat Al-Salam Nev Shalom) because these are the Hebrew and Arabic versions of the name (it does make a difference which you choose when Google-ing.)

http://wasns.org/ (main site)
http://wasns.org/video-interview-with-nadine-nashef (Video interview with Tali and Nadine)
http://www.oasisofpeace.org/ (American friends of Oasis of Peace)

1 comment:

  1. I've been in touch with the Director of the American Friends of NS/WAS. He has pointed out some inaccuracies which I will correct as soon as possible. Meanwhile, if you are familiar with any of their programs, or any other stories I've done (or will do) that need correction, please feel free to comment or contact me and I'll do my best to fix anything I think is incorrect.

    ReplyDelete