Friday, September 16, 2016

Page Two

So what to do, what to do... I tried a couple of times, even came close once, to finding a regular gig as a political cartoonist. I was already a member of the AAEC (American Association of Editorial Cartoonists) and I put things on the web site fairly regularly. Here's a sample of the animated ones: http://editorialcartoonists.com/cartoon/browse.cfm/?animation=true

 At the same time I began to go to adult classes with the Rabbi at temple, mostly for another project I was working on. I spent a lot of time considering religion and its aspects. Then, with all this churning in my head, I saw the movie "Pride" on the cable.

I really connected to this picture, not because I was Welsh or gay (neither) or because the acting was particularly good (although I'm a big Bill Nighy fan) but because it showed what could happen when people who normally don't associate or even like one another can do when they get over themselves and connect with each other.

So I came up with this idea. As always, it seems like a good notion right now, and I've identified several stories to draw about.  Brian Fies, who wrote the amazingly good "The Last Mechanical Monster" used this technique of posting stories via a blog, and it seems an idea worth borrowing. Thanks Brian- I promise I'll return it one day! If you have any thoughts, suggestions or feedback, just respond down there - no, down more - lower...lower... yeah, click there. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment